NATIONAL COURT REPORTERS ASSOCIATION
First Legal Depositions is an involved and dedicated member of the National Court Reporters Association. We stand by their Code of Professional Ethics, Guidelines for Professional Practice (COPE), and Transcript Format Guidelines.
The following is taken from the NCRA website and summarizes the codes we are committed to.
Code of Professional Ethics
A Member Shall:
- Be fair and impartial toward each participant in all aspects of reported proceedings, and always offer to provide comparable services to all parties in a proceeding.
- Be alert to situations that are conflicts of interest or that may give the appearance of a conflict of interest. If a conflict or a potential conflict arises, the Member shall disclose that conflict or potential conflict.
- Guard against not only the fact but the appearance of impropriety.
- Preserve the confidentiality and ensure the security of information, oral or written, entrusted to the Member by any of the parties in a proceeding.
- Be truthful and accurate when making public statements or when advertising the Member's qualifications or the services provided.
- Refrain, as an official reporter, from freelance reporting activities that interfere with official duties and obligations.
- Determine fees independently, except when established by statute or court order, entering into no unlawful agreements with others with respect to fees to any user.
- Refrain from giving, directly or indirectly, any gift or anything of value to attorneys or their staff, other clients or their staff, or any other persons or entities associated with any litigation, which exceeds $150 in the aggregate per recipient each year. Nothing offered in exchange for future work is permissible, regardless of its value. Pro bono services as defined by the NCRA Guidelines for Professional Practice or by applicable state and local laws, rules and regulations are permissible in any amount.
- Maintain the integrity of the reporting profession.
- Abide by the NCRA Constitution & Bylaws.